You had a piece of bread or cheese, and you noticed that it tasted weird, and then you made the realization of what you had just eaten. Especially after looking at the remainder of the food you had just eaten, you see it is moldy. You just ate something with mold in it, and now you are worried about what could potentially happen to you. The same goes if you eat a berry with mold on it, as it tastes funny as well. What can you expect to occur after eating something that has gone bad and began growing mold?
You can relax because you will be fine unless you are allergic to mold except for the strong possibility that you may become sick. If you have a healthy immune system, you will digest it the same way you digest any other food. The only thing that may appall you is the idea that you had eaten mold. Any sickness you feel, or experience after eating something with the fungus on it would likely result from your mind playing tricks on you. Understandably, you would end up thinking that way, considering eating mold is unthinkable.
However, if you eat something moldy and realize that nothing happened to you, you still don’t want to make a habit out of it purposely. Mold is not good for you, and if you have an allergy to it, you will end up with symptoms that involve itchy eyes, throat, and nose. You may even have an anaphylactic reaction if the allergy is extreme, so you will need to take out your EpiPen in that case.
Another thing to keep in mind that not all types of mold are the same. Some types of molds are more dangerous than others.